If you have a dance event you would like listed here, please use our Submit Event Information form to tell us about it. Thanks for helping us keep our events list up-to-date!
For Instructor Class information, please see the Classes page.
MEDGE is on Facebook! Are you a Facebooker? So is MEDGE – check us out!
Upcoming MEDGE-Sponsored Events
June 19, 2015 8:30 pm
MEDGE Monthly Show Featuring KaminiCozmic 199 W 8th Ave, Eugene, Oregon
Other Upcoming Events
May 30, 2015 2:00 pm
Free Middle-Eastern Drumming Workshop with Brian Olson of KarsilamaBuckingham Palace Antiques 600 SW 3rd St., Corvallis, OR
Brian Olson, the drummer for Karsilama! has consented to do a drumming workshop for the CBDPG from 2:00-3:00 on May 30. Later on that night, he and Jennifer Olson will be performing Middle Eastern Music for a special live music belly dance event at the Old World Deli in Corvallis. Bring your doumbek, or other Middle Eastern drum and join us for this free workshop. No drum? There will be some to borrow. Learning Middle Eastern rhythms is a great way for belly dancers to learn about Middle Eastern music.
Should be fun and maybe we can get enough people from the area who want to learn Middle-Eastern drumming that we can form a Middle-Eastern Drum Circle. Then people could practice dancing to drumming and drumming for dancers- Win-Win!
Contact Pat Spark (email@example.com) for more info.
May 30, 2015 7:00 pm
Corvallis Belly Dance Performance Guild May Showcase- Live Music Dance to Karsilama!Old World Deli 341 SW 2nd St., Corvallis, OR
Corvallis Belly Dance Performance Guild invites you to join us on Saturday, May 30th from 7pm-9pm at the old world Deli, in Corvallis.
Showcasing some of the most fabulous belly dance talents in Oregon!
$5 suggested Donation
To sign up to dance
- Please sign up with me (Tia) on the Guild’s Facebook page.
- Dancers will be selected by lottery
- Priority will be given to CBDPG members first- Then guests
- Please get your name to me by May 13th- Line up will be announced May 14th
- Music requests need to be into the band by May 20th Karsilama! or Karsilama@live.com
- If there are still open slots it will be first come first serve!
- Dance spots open is 10!
Jun 13–14, 2015
Belly Dancer USA 2015Seven Feathers Casino Resort 146 Chief Miwaleta Lane, Canyonville, OR
Belly Dancer USA is one of the best events in Oregon. There are 12 categories and something for everyone. Whether you want to enter or just come and join the fun, everyone is welcome. Check out all the details at www.bellydancerusa.com
June 20, 2015 10:00 am
Ready… Set… Sword! Sword dance workashops with SabineCelebration Bellydance & Yoga 1840 Willamette Street, Eugene, OR
- 10am-12pm: Belly and The Blade. Beginners welcome. Focus on core isolations, belly rolls, and layered movements while balancing a sword. Int/Adv dancers will be offered fun challenges. $35 pre-registered. Swords are available to borrow.
- 1-4pm (3 hours!) Intermediate/Advanced Sword Technique and Choreography. Recommended for intermediate to advanced dancers with some previous sword dance experience. $55 pre-registered, or take both workshops for $75. What to bring: a sword if you have one (some are available for loan) and a cotton headwrap or scarf. Optional floorwork section; bring kneepads if desired.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to pre-register.
Sep 11–14, 2015
Mezdulene’s 26th Annual Belly Dance RetreatCamp Myrtlewood , Myrtle Point, Oregon
For Women Only 13 workshops with Mezdulene, Salome, Fatima, Gaylene, Devi Safir, Aisha Ahroosh, Angelina, Mariama, Bijou Project and more! Plus: campfires, swimming, hiking, dancing, fun and more dancing! “Come enjoy nature as we celebrate the sisterhood of our dance.” For more info, contact Mezdulene at 541-315-5550 or email@example.com, or visit www.mezdulene.com
Ongoing Dance Opportunities
- MEDGE Show – Third Friday of each month • 8:30 pm • Cozmic, 199 W 8th Ave. (8th & Charnelton, Downtown Eugene).
- Hafla – McNeil-Riley House, 601 W 13th Ave. (13th & Jefferson). First and third Sunday of each month, 2:30-4 p.m (musicians will practice from 2-2:30). Come to dance or just to watch! Dancers and musicians of all abilities are welcome to attend in this positive and supportive enviornment. Admission is free. Please stay afterward to help tidy up and leave the space as we found it. Potluck snacks are encouraged. Visit our Facebook page for themes, to confirm dates, or just say hello. Hosted by John Marzicola.
- High Desert Bellydance Guild Showcase – Four times a year: January, April, July, October. The High Desert Bellydance Guild invites our MEDGE friends to dance with us in Bend! Our quarterly showcases feature a variety of talented performers, highlighting the fun, artistry and creativity of belly dance. For dates visit www.highdesertbellydance.org. Contact Lisa if you’re interested in performing: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Mid-Valley Belly Dance Collective’s 1st Saturday – 1st Saturday of each month • 7-9pm. • Old World Deli, 341 SW 2nd St, Corvallis. To ask about performing, please call Carol Small at 541-829-9503 or email@example.com, or Donna at firstname.lastname@example.org also on Facebook under Mid-Valley Belly Dance Collective and as Mid-Valley Belly Dance Collective’s 1st Saturday
- Corvallis Belly Dance Performance Guild – 2nd Saturday of each month • 7-10 pm • Old World Deli, 341 SW 2nd St, Corvallis. (schedule is subject to change, check their website for current info) Guest dancers welcome with prior approval. Contact Tia Knight – CBDPGPC@gmail.com. www.corvallisbellydance.org.
- Florence Dance Guild – No longer available. The Florence Dance Guild has, unfortunately, lost its venue and will not be holding a regular show until further notice.