If you have a dance event you would like listed here, please use our Submit Event Information form to tell us about it. Thanks for helping us keep our events list up-to-date!
For Instructor Class information, please see the Classes page.
MEDGE is on Facebook! Are you a Facebooker? So is MEDGE – check us out!
Upcoming MEDGE-Sponsored Events
March 20, 2015 8:30 pm
MEDGE Monthly Show Featuring Elena VillaCozmic 199 W 8th Ave, Eugene, Oregon
April 17, 2015 8:30 pm
MEDGE Int’l Dance Day Celebration Featuring Bozenka!Cozmic 199 W 8th Ave, Eugene, Oregon
MEDGE welcomes Bellydance Superstar Bozenka as our featured performer and workshop instructor — this will be her exclusive appearance in Oregon for 2015! Click here for details and workshop information.
May 15, 2015 8:30 pm
MEDGE Monthly Show – Special Tribute to SamishaThe Reach Center 2520 Harris St., Eugene, OR
This May we honor the fabulous Samisha Shami, founder of MEDGE and our special guest for this tribute show. The show will feature MEDGE dancers who studied with Samisha and will be performing her choreography. Note: this special show will be held at The Reach Center, not at our normal venue.
June 19, 2015 8:30 pm
MEDGE Monthly Show Featuring KaminiCozmic 199 W 8th Ave, Eugene, Oregon
Other Upcoming Events
March 21, 2015 11:00 am
Spring Belly Dance Workshops with Elena VillaCelebration Bellydance & Yoga 1840 Willamette Street, Eugene, OR
Elena Villa is thrilled to offer two 1.5 hour workshops featuring her signature Flamenco Fusion and Rhythms and Musicality. Workhops are: 11a m-12:30 pm – Flamenco Fusion Body Dynamics; 12:45-2:15 – “Muwashahat Rhythms in Raqs al-sharqi”. For more information, contact Elena at 541-359-7219 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit www.elenavilladanza.net
Apr 24–26, 2015
Saqra’s 26th and LAST SHOWCASE 2015Washington County Fair Complex 873 NE 34th Ave, Hillsboro, OR
- General Admission – $7
- Children under 10 – Free
Workshops at budget prices! Live music dance spots available! Over 300 dancers performed last year at this family event! Plus visit the vendors of costuming, instruments and art!
The Washington County Fair Complex is located on the MAX light rail line and there is a max line right through Portland from Portland International Airport. Hotel recommendations on this site.
During the event another exhibit will be on site… the Every Husband’s Nightmare Gift Show.
May 9, 2015 11:00 am
Spring Oasis SpectacularSutherlin Senior Center 202 E. Central Ave., Sutherlin, OR
Workshop and spectacular show with teacher to be announced. It’s going to be a fun event so stay tuned for more information.
May 15–17, 2015
Karim Nagi Workshops in PortlandStudio 2@Zoomtopia 810 SE Belmont Studio #2, Portland, Oregon
Native Egyptian drummer, DJ, composer and folk dancer Karim Nagi will be in Portland teaching four workshops and performing in a gala show. Click here for full details and workshop registration.
Jun 13–14, 2015
Belly Dancer USA 2015Seven Feathers Casino Resort 146 Chief Miwaleta Lane, Canyonville, OR
Belly Dancer USA is one of the best events in Oregon. There are 12 categories and something for everyone. Whether you want to enter or just come and join the fun, everyone is welcome. Check out all the details at www.bellydancerusa.com
Sep 11–14, 2015
Mezdulene’s 26th Annual Belly Dance RetreatCamp Myrtlewood , Myrtle Point, Oregon
For Women Only 13 workshops with Mezdulene, Salome, Fatima, Gaylene, Devi Safir, Aisha Ahroosh, Angelina, Mariama, Bijou Project and more! Plus: campfires, swimming, hiking, dancing, fun and more dancing! “Come enjoy nature as we celebrate the sisterhood of our dance.” For more info, contact Mezdulene at 541-315-5550 or email@example.com, or visit www.mezdulene.com
Ongoing Dance Opportunities
- MEDGE Show – Third Friday of each month • 8:30 pm • Cozmic, 199 W 8th Ave. (8th & Charnelton, Downtown Eugene).
- Hafla – McNeil-Riley House, 601 W 13th Ave. (13th & Jefferson). First and third Sunday of each month, 2:30-4 p.m (musicians will practice from 2-2:30). Come to dance or just to watch! Dancers and musicians of all abilities are welcome to attend in this positive and supportive enviornment. Admission is free. Please stay afterward to help tidy up and leave the space as we found it. Potluck snacks are encouraged. Visit our Facebook page for themes, to confirm dates, or just say hello. Hosted by John Marzicola.
- High Desert Bellydance Guild Showcase – Four times a year: January, April, July, October. The High Desert Bellydance Guild invites our MEDGE friends to dance with us in Bend! Our quarterly showcases feature a variety of talented performers, highlighting the fun, artistry and creativity of belly dance. For dates visit www.highdesertbellydance.org. Contact Lisa if you’re interested in performing: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Mid-Valley Belly Dance Collective’s 1st Saturday – 1st Saturday of each month • 7-9pm. • Old World Deli, 341 SW 2nd St, Corvallis. To ask about performing, please call Carol Small at 541-829-9503 or email@example.com, or Donna at firstname.lastname@example.org also on Facebook under Mid-Valley Belly Dance Collective and as Mid-Valley Belly Dance Collective’s 1st Saturday
- Corvallis Belly Dance Performance Guild – 2nd Saturday of each month • 7-10 pm • Old World Deli, 341 SW 2nd St, Corvallis. (schedule is subject to change, check their website for current info) Guest dancers welcome with prior approval. Contact Tia Knight – CBDPGPC@gmail.com. www.corvallisbellydance.org.
- Florence Dance Guild – No longer available. The Florence Dance Guild has, unfortunately, lost its venue and will not be holding a regular show until further notice.
- Wild Rogue Hipcrafted Dance Showcase – Wild River Handcrafted Food and Ale, 2684 N. Pacific Hwy. This event is a wonderful opportunity to meet local belly dance talent from Grants Pass, Medford, Ashland, and Northern California. Performances by professional performers, students, and instructors. All are welcome! Contact Idena Suzanne: 541-951-2522 email@example.com