If you have a dance event you would like listed here, please use our Submit Event Information form to tell us about it. Thanks for helping us keep our events list up-to-date!
For Instructor Class information, please see the Classes page.
MEDGE is on Facebook! Are you a Facebooker? So is MEDGE – check us out!
Upcoming MEDGE-Sponsored Events
Jan 20–22, 2017
MEDGE 3rd Friday Show – Featuring Raqs AmarWhirled Pies@Cozmic 199 W 8th Ave, Eugene, Oregon
Jasel and Mezdulene are the duet Raqs Amar, January’s featured performers in our show focusing on Duets, Trios, Groups and Troupes!
Other Upcoming Events
Feb 03–05, 2017
Dangerous Sword Dance Intensive with SabineCelebration Bellydance & Yoga 1840 Willamette Street, Eugene, OR
Dangerous Sword Dance Intensive #1 (DSI1) 15 hours of dance instruction, including 10 hours of single sword dance instruction, plus 5 hours of double sword dance! We’ll work on extending isolations, single sword manipulation, head-balanced combos, troupe sword combos, spins and turns, multiple balance point combinations and transitions, floorwork, fast sword moves, performance focus, musical interpretation, presentation and power, flow, and blocking an exciting sword performance. The third day of the intensive will be 5 hours working with double sword (with wooden props and/or metal swords): adding a second sword, multiple balance points, two-handed manipulations, spins, floorwork and more.
Instruction times: Friday Feb 3rd 3-7pm (4 hrs), Saturday Feb 4th 9:30am-12:30pm and 2-5pm (6 hrs), Sunday Feb 5th 9:30-12:30, 2-4pm (5 hrs, double sword day).
Cost: $330 for the full 15-hour intensive, or $250 for 10 hours single sword if space allows.
US$50 nonrefundable deposit to hold your spot. Email email@example.com for registration info.
May 6, 2017 10:00 am
Spring Oasis Belly Dance FestivalSutherlin Senior Center 202 E. Central Ave., Sutherlin, OR
Raks Assaya with Idena – “More fun than you can shake a stick at!” Get in touch with the roots of Belly Dance and the folkloric dance that performance styles are based upon. Learn the Saidi rhythm, music, and tidbits about daily life in Upper Egypt and the people there. Did I say this class is fun?
Vintage 9/8 Workshop with Deena – Are you looking for some special spice to liven up your performance?
Here is your chance to learn some oldies but goodies that can easily be modified for any dance style.
3:30 p.m. Afternoon festival – Everyone is welcome to perform!
6:30 p.m. Springtastic Evening Show
Contact: Mezdulene to register
firstname.lastname@example.org; see http://www.facebook.com/events/615444795306331/ for more information.
Ongoing Dance Opportunities
- MEDGE Show – Third Friday of each month • 8:30 pm • Cozmic, 199 W 8th Ave. (8th & Charnelton, Downtown Eugene).
- Hafla – McNeil-Riley House, 601 W 13th Ave. (13th & Jefferson). First and third Sunday of each month, 2:30-4 p.m (musicians will practice from 2-2:30). Come to dance or just to watch! Dancers and musicians of all abilities are welcome to attend in this positive and supportive enviornment. Admission is free. Please stay afterward to help tidy up and leave the space as we found it. Potluck snacks are encouraged. Visit our Facebook page for themes, to confirm dates, or just say hello. Hosted by John Marzicola.
- High Desert Bellydance Guild Showcase – Four times a year: January, April, July, October. The High Desert Bellydance Guild invites our MEDGE friends to dance with us in Bend! Our quarterly showcases feature a variety of talented performers, highlighting the fun, artistry and creativity of belly dance. For dates visit www.highdesertbellydance.org. Contact Lisa if you’re interested in performing: email@example.com.
- Mid-Valley Belly Dance Collective’s 1st Saturday – 1st Saturday of each month • 7-9pm. • Old World Deli, 341 SW 2nd St, Corvallis. To ask about performing, please call Carol Small at 541-829-9503 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or Donna at email@example.com also on Facebook under Mid-Valley Belly Dance Collective and as Mid-Valley Belly Dance Collective’s 1st Saturday
- Corvallis Belly Dance Performance Guild – 2nd Saturday of each month • 7-10 pm • Old World Deli, 341 SW 2nd St, Corvallis. (schedule is subject to change, check their website for current info) Guest dancers welcome with prior approval. Contact Tia Knight – CBDPGPC@gmail.com. www.corvallisbellydance.org.
- Florence Dance Guild – No longer available. The Florence Dance Guild has, unfortunately, lost its venue and will not be holding a regular show until further notice.