If you have a dance event you would like listed here, please use our Submit Event Information form to tell us about it. Thanks for helping us keep our events list up-to-date!
For Instructor Class information, please see the Classes page.
MEDGE is on Facebook! Are you a Facebooker? So is MEDGE – check us out!
Upcoming MEDGE-Sponsored Events
May 20, 2016 8:30 pm
MEDGE Show – Featuring HennaWhirled Pies@Cozmic 199 W 8th Ave, Eugene, Oregon
June 17, 2016 8:30 pm
MEDGE Show – Featured Performer TBAWhirled Pies@Cozmic 199 W 8th Ave, Eugene, Oregon
Other Upcoming Events
May 14, 2016 7:15 pm
Shimmy Mob 2016Egyptian Theatre 229 S Broadway, Coos Bay, ORDATE is of course the second Saturday in May – World Bellydance Day! which falls this year on May 14, 2016 .TIME has been confirmed to be 7:15 p.m. – right before the 7:30 p.m. movie showing.The tall ships will be in town, so the move theme will correspond with that.LOCATION Egyptian Theatre, 229 S Broadway, Coos Bay, OR 97420There will be a rehearsal on stage Friday, May 13, 2016 at 6 p.m. (Additional rehearsal opportunities at another location will be announced later.)All participants are invited to stay for the movie at no cost!Thanks for you support in this fundraiser for Women’s Safety and Resource Center.I’m gathering a list of items needed for CRT (crisis response team) bags, and household items needed for the shelters… Show admission will be “goods” rather than money.Joann ThompsonCoos Bay Shimmy Mob Team Lead541-297-4052
Ongoing Dance Opportunities
- MEDGE Show – Third Friday of each month • 8:30 pm • Cozmic, 199 W 8th Ave. (8th & Charnelton, Downtown Eugene).
- Hafla – McNeil-Riley House, 601 W 13th Ave. (13th & Jefferson). First and third Sunday of each month, 2:30-4 p.m (musicians will practice from 2-2:30). Come to dance or just to watch! Dancers and musicians of all abilities are welcome to attend in this positive and supportive enviornment. Admission is free. Please stay afterward to help tidy up and leave the space as we found it. Potluck snacks are encouraged. Visit our Facebook page for themes, to confirm dates, or just say hello. Hosted by John Marzicola.
- High Desert Bellydance Guild Showcase – Four times a year: January, April, July, October. The High Desert Bellydance Guild invites our MEDGE friends to dance with us in Bend! Our quarterly showcases feature a variety of talented performers, highlighting the fun, artistry and creativity of belly dance. For dates visit www.highdesertbellydance.org. Contact Lisa if you’re interested in performing: email@example.com.
- Mid-Valley Belly Dance Collective’s 1st Saturday – 1st Saturday of each month • 7-9pm. • Old World Deli, 341 SW 2nd St, Corvallis. To ask about performing, please call Carol Small at 541-829-9503 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or Donna at email@example.com also on Facebook under Mid-Valley Belly Dance Collective and as Mid-Valley Belly Dance Collective’s 1st Saturday
- Corvallis Belly Dance Performance Guild – 2nd Saturday of each month • 7-10 pm • Old World Deli, 341 SW 2nd St, Corvallis. (schedule is subject to change, check their website for current info) Guest dancers welcome with prior approval. Contact Tia Knight – CBDPGPC@gmail.com. www.corvallisbellydance.org.
- Florence Dance Guild – No longer available. The Florence Dance Guild has, unfortunately, lost its venue and will not be holding a regular show until further notice.