If you have a dance event you would like listed here, please use our Submit Event Information form to tell us about it. Thanks for helping us keep our events list up-to-date!
For Instructor Class information, please see the Classes page.
MEDGE is on Facebook! Are you a Facebooker? So is MEDGE – check us out!
Upcoming MEDGE-Sponsored Events
February 19, 2016 8:30 pm
Featuring Ruby McConnell – February 19Whirled Pies@Cozmic 199 W 8th Ave, Eugene, Oregon
February’s show is our annual Alternative night, when only non-traditional, alternative music is used for all performances. This year’s Alternative Night Featured Dancer is none other than Eugene’s own Ruby McConnell. Alternative night is always a fun show full of great energy and fun surprises. Come join us!
March 12, 2016 8:00 pm
MEDGE 25th Anniversary Gala ShowWildish Theater 630 Main St., Springfield, OR
To honor MEDGE’s 25th year, this special show will feature all MEDGE performers and teachers showcased in a full evening of spectacular performances at the Wildish Theater in Springfield. We’re very excited about this opportunity to showcase our dancers in a way that we have never done before, and to honor our 25 years of commitment to excellence in Middle Eastern Dance! Plan a special evening out with your friends, family, or anyone you know who loves dance and cultural enrichment. Tickets are $15 for this special event. Doors open at 7pm, show starts at 8pm.
Other Upcoming Events
Mar 05–06, 2016
LA DANSE ORIENTALE VllEmerald Queen Casino and Hotel, 5700 Pacific Hwy E,, Fife, WA
YES- it is happening in 2016! Halima is again putting on the contest. Get your entries in now.
May 14, 2016
Shimmy MobEgyptian Theatre 229 S Broadway, Coos Bay, OR
Belly Dance History In the Making! Once again, Joann Thompson “Joanna Maria” is leading a Shimmy Mob Team, a “Flash Mob” type event, the largest event of its kind by the number of geographical territory covered in one day creating awareness and raising funds for Women’s and Children’s shelters in participating communities. Please join the Coos Bay Shimmy Mob Team in Celebrating World Bellydance Day! Registrations are now open at www.shimmymob.com. Note: the time of the event is currently TBD, watch for updates. Contact Joanna at 541-297-4052 with questions.
Ongoing Dance Opportunities
- MEDGE Show – Third Friday of each month • 8:30 pm • Cozmic, 199 W 8th Ave. (8th & Charnelton, Downtown Eugene).
- Hafla – McNeil-Riley House, 601 W 13th Ave. (13th & Jefferson). First and third Sunday of each month, 2:30-4 p.m (musicians will practice from 2-2:30). Come to dance or just to watch! Dancers and musicians of all abilities are welcome to attend in this positive and supportive enviornment. Admission is free. Please stay afterward to help tidy up and leave the space as we found it. Potluck snacks are encouraged. Visit our Facebook page for themes, to confirm dates, or just say hello. Hosted by John Marzicola.
- High Desert Bellydance Guild Showcase – Four times a year: January, April, July, October. The High Desert Bellydance Guild invites our MEDGE friends to dance with us in Bend! Our quarterly showcases feature a variety of talented performers, highlighting the fun, artistry and creativity of belly dance. For dates visit www.highdesertbellydance.org. Contact Lisa if you’re interested in performing: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Mid-Valley Belly Dance Collective’s 1st Saturday – 1st Saturday of each month • 7-9pm. • Old World Deli, 341 SW 2nd St, Corvallis. To ask about performing, please call Carol Small at 541-829-9503 or email@example.com, or Donna at firstname.lastname@example.org also on Facebook under Mid-Valley Belly Dance Collective and as Mid-Valley Belly Dance Collective’s 1st Saturday
- Corvallis Belly Dance Performance Guild – 2nd Saturday of each month • 7-10 pm • Old World Deli, 341 SW 2nd St, Corvallis. (schedule is subject to change, check their website for current info) Guest dancers welcome with prior approval. Contact Tia Knight – CBDPGPC@gmail.com. www.corvallisbellydance.org.
- Florence Dance Guild – No longer available. The Florence Dance Guild has, unfortunately, lost its venue and will not be holding a regular show until further notice.