If you have a dance event you would like listed here, please use our Submit Event Information form to tell us about it. Thanks for helping us keep our events list up-to-date!
For Instructor Class information, please see the Classes page.
MEDGE is on Facebook! Are you a Facebooker? So is MEDGE – check us out!
Upcoming MEDGE-Sponsored Events
March 17, 2017 8:30 pm
MEDGE 3rd Friday Show – Featuring Amira JadeWhirled Pies@Cozmic 199 W 8th Ave, Eugene, Oregon
Amira Jade, MEDGE’s Third Friday Show featured performer in March
April 21, 2017 8:30 pm
MEDGE’s Third Friday Show – International Dance Day Celebration Featuring Michelle JoyceWhirled Pies@Cozmic 199 W 8th Ave, Eugene, Oregon
Michelle Joyce will grace our stage and teach workshops in honor of International Dance Day
June 4, 2017 4:00 pm
MEDGE’s annual Student Showcase
Other Upcoming Events
May 6, 2017 10:00 am
Spring Oasis Belly Dance FestivalSutherlin Senior Center 202 E. Central Ave., Sutherlin, OR
Raks Assaya with Idena – “More fun than you can shake a stick at!” Get in touch with the roots of Belly Dance and the folkloric dance that performance styles are based upon. Learn the Saidi rhythm, music, and tidbits about daily life in Upper Egypt and the people there. Did I say this class is fun?
Vintage 9/8 Workshop with Deena – Are you looking for some special spice to liven up your performance?
Here is your chance to learn some oldies but goodies that can easily be modified for any dance style.
3:30 p.m. Afternoon festival – Everyone is welcome to perform!
6:30 p.m. Springtastic Evening Show
Contact: Mezdulene to register
email@example.com; see http://www.facebook.com/events/615444795306331/ for more information.
Ongoing Dance Opportunities
- MEDGE Show – Third Friday of each month • 8:30 pm • Whirled Pies/Cozmic, 199 W 8th Ave. (8th & Charnelton, Downtown Eugene).
- Hafla – McNeil-Riley House, 601 W 13th Ave. (13th & Jefferson). First and third Sunday of each month, 2-4 p.m. Come to dance or just to watch! Dancers and musicians of all abilities are welcome to attend in this positive and supportive environment. Admission is free. Please stay afterward to help tidy up and leave the space as we found it. Potluck snacks are encouraged. Visit our Facebook page for themes, to confirm dates, or just say hello. Hosted by Charlotte Atwood.
- High Desert Bellydance Guild Showcase – Four times a year: January, April, July, October. The High Desert Bellydance Guild invites our MEDGE friends to dance with us in Bend! Our quarterly showcases feature a variety of talented performers, highlighting the fun, artistry and creativity of belly dance. For dates visit www.highdesertbellydance.org. Contact Lisa if you’re interested in performing: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Mid-Valley Belly Dance Collective’s 1st Saturday – 1st Saturday of each month • 7-9pm. • Old World Deli, 341 SW 2nd St, Corvallis. To ask about performing, please call Carol Small at 541-829-9503 or email@example.com, or Donna at firstname.lastname@example.org also on Facebook under Mid-Valley Belly Dance Collective and as Mid-Valley Belly Dance Collective’s 1st Saturday
- Corvallis Belly Dance Performance Guild – 2nd Saturday of each month • 7-10 pm • Old World Deli, 341 SW 2nd St, Corvallis. (schedule is subject to change, check their website for current info) Guest dancers welcome with prior approval. Contact Tia Knight – CBDPGPC@gmail.com. www.corvallisbellydance.org.
- Florence Dance Guild – No longer available. The Florence Dance Guild has, unfortunately, lost its venue and will not be holding a regular show until further notice.