If you have a dance event you would like listed here, please use our Submit Event Information form to tell us about it. Thanks for helping us keep our events list up-to-date!
For Instructor Class information, please see the Classes page.
MEDGE is on Facebook! Are you a Facebooker? So is MEDGE – check us out!
Upcoming MEDGE-Sponsored Events
April 21, 2017 8:30 pm
MEDGE’s Third Friday Show – International Dance Day Celebration Featuring Michelle JoyceWhirled Pies@Cozmic 199 W 8th Ave, Eugene, Oregon
Michelle Joyce will grace our stage and teach workshops in honor of International Dance Day. Please see medge.org/international-dance-day-featuring-michelle-joyce-april-2017/ for show information, as well as workshop sign-ups.
June 4, 2017 4:00 pm
MEDGE’s annual Student Showcase
Other Upcoming Events
May 6, 2017 10:00 am
Spring Oasis Belly Dance FestivalSutherlin Senior Center 202 E. Central Ave., Sutherlin, OR
Raks Assaya with Idena – “More fun than you can shake a stick at!” Get in touch with the roots of Belly Dance and the folkloric dance that performance styles are based upon. Learn the Saidi rhythm, music, and tidbits about daily life in Upper Egypt and the people there. Did I say this class is fun?
Vintage 9/8 Workshop with Deena – Are you looking for some special spice to liven up your performance?
Here is your chance to learn some oldies but goodies that can easily be modified for any dance style.
3:30 p.m. Afternoon festival – Everyone is welcome to perform!
6:30 p.m. Springtastic Evening Show
Contact: Mezdulene to register
email@example.com; see http://www.facebook.com/events/615444795306331/ for more information.
May 13, 2017 7:15 pm
Shimmy MobEgyptian Theatre 229 S Broadway, Coos Bay, OR
Please join Shimmy Mob as we prepare for our 2017 belly dance performances raising awareness. We have raised over $1,000 for Women’s Safety and Resource Center. This year our team is raising funds for Bree’s Breast Cancer foundation. Our team is part of a world wide fundraiser which continues to break world records. We dance on World Belly Dance Day. Last year we wore hot pink t-shirts “We Dance to Be Free, to Express and Rejoice, But Today We All Dance, To Give the Silent a Voice.” By Felicity Shoars. We danced to the “Smatron” by Balkan Beat Box, choreographed by Cat Bruce. We had sponsors for the showing of the movie in the theatre, dancer’s hip scarves, registration of a dancer, and registration of a videographer. This is a very supportive collaboration of teachers, students, volunteers, and donors from Coos Bay, North Bend, Florence, Eugene, Springfield, and Gold Beach. Yes, MEDGE members too. Please join us this year as we dance to “Ya Halawa” The 2017 Shimmy Mob choreography contest winner is: Gina Nolan.
For additional information, please contact Joann Thompson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
June 3, 2017 10:00 am
Workshops with Sedona SoulfireCelebration Bellydance & Yoga 1840 Willamette Street, Eugene, OR
Introduction to Odissi, 10:00am-12:00pm; $40 early register, $45 after 5/15
Sacred Synthesis Fusion Belly Dance, 1:00-4:00pm, $55 early register, $60 after 5/15
Early register both workshops $85, Both Workshops after 5/15 $95
*Space is limited
Pay by check, cash, or paypal to Wendrika77@gmail.com
Event sponsored by Wendrika Olofson of Hybrid Real Estate. Olofsonrealty@gmail.com
Workshops located at Celebration Belly Dance and Yoga Studio, 1840 Willamette Street, Eugene, OR.
Ongoing Dance Opportunities
- MEDGE Show – Third Friday of each month • 8:30 pm • Whirled Pies/Cozmic, 199 W 8th Ave. (8th & Charnelton, Downtown Eugene).
- Hafla – McNail-Riley House, 601 W 13th Ave. (13th & Jefferson). First and third Sunday of each month, 2-4 p.m. Come to dance or just to watch! Dancers and musicians of all abilities are welcome to attend in this positive and supportive environment. Admission is free. Please stay afterward to help tidy up and leave the space as we found it. Potluck snacks are encouraged. Visit our Facebook page for themes, to confirm dates, or just say hello. Hosted by Charlotte Atwood.
- High Desert Bellydance Guild Showcase – Four times a year: January, April, July, October. The High Desert Bellydance Guild invites our MEDGE friends to dance with us in Bend! Our quarterly showcases feature a variety of talented performers, highlighting the fun, artistry and creativity of belly dance. For dates visit www.highdesertbellydance.org. Contact Lisa if you’re interested in performing: email@example.com.
- Mid-Valley Belly Dance Collective’s 1st Saturday – 1st Saturday of each month • 7-9pm. • Old World Deli, 341 SW 2nd St, Corvallis. To ask about performing, please call Carol Small at 541-829-9503 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or Donna at email@example.com also on Facebook under Mid-Valley Belly Dance Collective and as Mid-Valley Belly Dance Collective’s 1st Saturday
- Corvallis Belly Dance Performance Guild – 2nd Saturday of each month • 7-10 pm • Old World Deli, 341 SW 2nd St, Corvallis. (schedule is subject to change, check their website for current info) Guest dancers welcome with prior approval. Contact Tia Knight – CBDPGPC@gmail.com. www.corvallisbellydance.org.
- Florence Dance Guild – No longer available. The Florence Dance Guild has, unfortunately, lost its venue and will not be holding a regular show until further notice.