If you have a dance event you would like listed here, please use our Submit Event Information form to tell us about it. Thanks for helping us keep our events list up-to-date!
For Instructor Class information, please see the Classes page.
MEDGE is on Facebook! Are you a Facebooker? So is MEDGE – check us out!
Upcoming MEDGE-Sponsored Events
April 17, 2015 8:30 pm
MEDGE Int’l Dance Day Celebration Featuring Bozenka!Cozmic 199 W 8th Ave, Eugene, Oregon
MEDGE welcomes Bellydance Superstar Bozenka as our featured performer and workshop instructor — this will be her exclusive appearance in Oregon for 2015! Click here for details and workshop information.
May 15, 2015 8:30 pm
MEDGE Monthly Show – Special Tribute to SamishaThe Reach Center 2520 Harris St., Eugene, OR
This May we honor the fabulous Samisha Shami, founder of MEDGE and our special guest for this tribute show. The show will feature MEDGE dancers who studied with Samisha and will be performing her choreography. Note: this special show will be held at The Reach Center, not at our normal venue.
June 19, 2015 8:30 pm
MEDGE Monthly Show Featuring KaminiCozmic 199 W 8th Ave, Eugene, Oregon
Other Upcoming Events
Apr 24–26, 2015
Saqra’s 26th and LAST SHOWCASE 2015Washington County Fair Complex 873 NE 34th Ave, Hillsboro, OR
- General Admission – $7
- Children under 10 – Free
Workshops at budget prices! Live music dance spots available! Over 300 dancers performed last year at this family event! Plus visit the vendors of costuming, instruments and art!
The Washington County Fair Complex is located on the MAX light rail line and there is a max line right through Portland from Portland International Airport. Hotel recommendations on this site.
During the event another exhibit will be on site… the Every Husband’s Nightmare Gift Show.
May 2, 2015 11:00 am
Spring Oasis SpectacularSutherlin Senior Center 202 E. Central Ave., Sutherlin, OR
Workshop and spectacular show with teacher to be announced. It’s going to be a fun event so stay tuned for more information. Please note date change to May 2 (originally scheduled for May 9).
May 9, 2015 9:00 am
World Wide Shimmy MobMingus Park N. 10th Street, Coos Bay, OR
Looking for a worthy cause to be involved in? Take part in the world’s largest international belly dance event: Shimmy Mob! The Shimmy Mob was created to raise awareness for shelters for victims of abuse. United, we dance using the same song and the same choreography, wearing the same t-shirt, sharing the same goals, on the same day all over the world. This year, we are celebrating the 5th anniversary and we aim to break the world record again!
We invite all dancers at all levels to participate. Super fun and easy to learn, the 2015 choreography provides step-by-step breakdown in online videos. Registration fee: Adults $35+shipping – Youth $18+shipping, kit includes: T-Shirt, Choreography videos and notes, and music title (to purchase from i-Tunes). Participants must wear official T-Shirt! Proceeds benefit Women’s Safety and Resource Center. Registration deadline: April 3, 2015
Contact: Joanna Maria, Shimmy Mob Team Lead, Coos Bay, Oregon / email@example.com / 541-297-4052
What are you waiting for? Join your friends and sign up now!!! For more details and sign-up form, see the official Shimmy Mob website at http://www.shimmymob.com.
May 15–17, 2015
Karim Nagi Workshops in PortlandStudio 2@Zoomtopia 810 SE Belmont Studio #2, Portland, Oregon
Native Egyptian drummer, DJ, composer and folk dancer Karim Nagi will be in Portland teaching four workshops and performing in a gala show. Click here for full details and workshop registration.
Jun 13–14, 2015
Belly Dancer USA 2015Seven Feathers Casino Resort 146 Chief Miwaleta Lane, Canyonville, OR
Belly Dancer USA is one of the best events in Oregon. There are 12 categories and something for everyone. Whether you want to enter or just come and join the fun, everyone is welcome. Check out all the details at www.bellydancerusa.com
Sep 11–14, 2015
Mezdulene’s 26th Annual Belly Dance RetreatCamp Myrtlewood , Myrtle Point, Oregon
For Women Only 13 workshops with Mezdulene, Salome, Fatima, Gaylene, Devi Safir, Aisha Ahroosh, Angelina, Mariama, Bijou Project and more! Plus: campfires, swimming, hiking, dancing, fun and more dancing! “Come enjoy nature as we celebrate the sisterhood of our dance.” For more info, contact Mezdulene at 541-315-5550 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit www.mezdulene.com
Ongoing Dance Opportunities
- MEDGE Show – Third Friday of each month • 8:30 pm • Cozmic, 199 W 8th Ave. (8th & Charnelton, Downtown Eugene).
- Hafla – McNeil-Riley House, 601 W 13th Ave. (13th & Jefferson). First and third Sunday of each month, 2:30-4 p.m (musicians will practice from 2-2:30). Come to dance or just to watch! Dancers and musicians of all abilities are welcome to attend in this positive and supportive enviornment. Admission is free. Please stay afterward to help tidy up and leave the space as we found it. Potluck snacks are encouraged. Visit our Facebook page for themes, to confirm dates, or just say hello. Hosted by John Marzicola.
- High Desert Bellydance Guild Showcase – Four times a year: January, April, July, October. The High Desert Bellydance Guild invites our MEDGE friends to dance with us in Bend! Our quarterly showcases feature a variety of talented performers, highlighting the fun, artistry and creativity of belly dance. For dates visit www.highdesertbellydance.org. Contact Lisa if you’re interested in performing: email@example.com.
- Mid-Valley Belly Dance Collective’s 1st Saturday – 1st Saturday of each month • 7-9pm. • Old World Deli, 341 SW 2nd St, Corvallis. To ask about performing, please call Carol Small at 541-829-9503 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or Donna at email@example.com also on Facebook under Mid-Valley Belly Dance Collective and as Mid-Valley Belly Dance Collective’s 1st Saturday
- Corvallis Belly Dance Performance Guild – 2nd Saturday of each month • 7-10 pm • Old World Deli, 341 SW 2nd St, Corvallis. (schedule is subject to change, check their website for current info) Guest dancers welcome with prior approval. Contact Tia Knight – CBDPGPC@gmail.com. www.corvallisbellydance.org.
- Florence Dance Guild – No longer available. The Florence Dance Guild has, unfortunately, lost its venue and will not be holding a regular show until further notice.